The history of Razzaque Basit Group goes back as far as 1927 when this part of the world used to be called as British India (Undivided India). it had many different trading entities operating under its flagship. During the course of this long and tedious journey it had to take many diversifications and since 1970 remained consistent with the core field of business of refining and production of cooking oil, Banaspati ghee/ shortening and industrial fats.
Our group’s reputation has been excellent under the dynamic leadership of Mr Abdul-Razzaque, Chairman RBG. He had held distinguished positions such as Chairman and Vice Chairman of the Pakistan Banaspati manufactures association from 1998-2003. The following entities are wholly owned by the group and are operating under the group holdings in Karachi:
- Razzaque Basit Oil Industries Plant 1
- Razzaque Basit Oil industries Plant 2
- Al Hashim Brother Oil Mill
- Royal Automobiles (PVT)Ltd, sole distributors for Proton Cars in Pakistan, having signed licensing agreement and distributorship agreement with Proton company in Malaysia in 2006.
- Country Inn Hotel, is a 3 star hotel. This is situated at a strategic point on main airport road connecting Karachi to the International Airport and to the national highway that leads to upcountry.
- Tin Pak Industries, engaged in making all kinds and sizes of tin containers and supplying them to the above factories for packaging of oils.